Welcome to MonJoomla forum board.

Buy KO Gift Cards with POINTS

Buy KO Gift Cards with POINTS

There is a Huge market to sell KO gift card with Alpha User Points = giftcard value

One post into Alpha User Point forum and your sells for this would boost significantly. I will help spread the word and fund your time as a donation. (be gentle on the $ demands though lol)

You would need, it seems:
1.)  an admin field input to determine ratio of points to $1, such as numeric 10 entered equals 10 points to $1
2.)  input field for how many points they want to use towards this purchase
3.) query to verify the points are available, if true continue, if false error message
4.)  points entered should be divided by ratio field entry from admin form equals 'cash value' deduction "discount"
5.) If 'cash value' less than $price, deduct and move to paypal for payment
6.) If 'cash value' is equal to or more than $price, proceed to send gift card
7.)  If send successful, deduct points up to $price(ratio field) from alpha user points

In future builds it would be nice for step 2.) to already have pulled points available to be used into the field, but allow them to lessen that amount if they chose to NOT use them all.

piersol
useravatar
49 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Buy KO Gift Cards with POINTS

Hello

I'm doing something similar, but it's a new component, it is base on my slot machine module and my french roulette I never release.

The name is... Ko! Win Something. It work with points or without, you can customize each slot (images) with new prices, and when the price it all win the system automatically replace the images with a fruit or another price you choose.

2 way to win, my regular slot with multiple row (3-5) and my roulette I base the game on Win of fortune.

The cool thing it work in store too, you can have a QR code on the table to scan with a mobile device. This direct the people directly to the game to spin. MAYBE and just MAYBE I will do the game in real mobile apps, but the first version will be be pure HTML5.

Version 1.0 is schedule for the end of September, maybe before I try to sell the idea to customers here (it's pay the development)

With this new app you can do what you want and a lots more.

Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for your support

If you like my Joomla apps, please help support them with a review here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/

Thank you!

lebill
useravatar
1701 Posts
User info in posts

But you didnt address the issue of points as payment for ko gift card. Most of my clients will not be playing slots, most will be liking pages, commenting and posting in forum in exchange for points to lower they cost of my instore services.

Id like them to pay with points for a gift certificate. I know they can do that with a virtuemart/alpha user points or hikashop/AUP plugin thats out there. but then id need ALL my gift cards to go through those shopping carts and thus id not be using KOGC at all then at that point.

piersol
useravatar
49 Posts
User info in posts

Hello

Sorry about that, I was happy to share my new app...

it could be done, but not sure I will add this to my current version.

All my time for the CGC is for making the version for Joomla 3.x and I need to finish my integration with authorize.net.

But it's pretty easy to add this in my code, the only hard part, is if they pay all the card with points. The component need the OK from Paypal, if they have nothing to pay (because they use all points) no Paypal and no card without a big change in the component.

If you put a limits of points to use for payment (always have a balance to pay)  I can do that for you.

Thanks

Thanks for your support

If you like my Joomla apps, please help support them with a review here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/

Thank you!

lebill
useravatar
1701 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats: