Welcome to MonJoomla forum board.

Vouchers for specific service/product and corresponding amount

Vouchers for specific service/product and corresponding amount

Hi

I am a photographer and wish to sell vouchers for specific services, such as portrait sessions, portfolio sessions etc. at set prices, e.g. Portrait Session £159, Portfolio £199. These values will be constant. Ideally, a customer would be able to select a voucher for a portrait session at the preset value.

At present, as far as I can tell, CGC will only allow for amounts and voucher styles, allowing a customer to select an amount and match that to a design of voucher of their choice. This is tricky for me as I am having to list amounts relevant to a specific service and provide instruction that the appropriate matching voucher design needs to be selected, so say a customer wants a portrait session voucher, they must select the correct amount (£159) from the first drop down, then select the portrait voucher design from the second drop down.

I am curious as to whether there is a way to perhaps combine the amount and style options. That way a customer would have a choice of 'Portrait Session Voucher' at £159, 'Portfolio Session Voucher' at £199 and so on, rather than having to select £159 for the amount and selecting 'Portrait Session' as the correct voucher style.

Not the way CGC is currently setup to function I appreciate. Perhaps you may look here www.midsussexphotography.co.uk and click on the Gift Vouchers menu item to see more clearly why the current functionality is difficult if pre-defined services and values are offered over two seperate drop downs.

Hope that makes sense! Awesome component incidentally.
Lee.

MSP
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Vouchers for specific service/product and corresponding amount

Hello

You can do what you ask with the component, you can easily create a image (services) with a single price.
Just need to create a image for your service and put a line of code (like below) in a article

Code:

{ko_url PortraitSession.jpg!159}
{ko_url Portfolio.jpg!199}

You can also have a single price but more images to choose for the customer

This is  good example a customer did, check here they offer different plans with a single price and a lot's of images for the customer to choose.

They use this line of code per product.

Code:

{ko_url all!159}
{ko_url all!199}

Hope I answer all your questions

regards

Thanks for your support

If you like my Joomla apps, please help support them with a review here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/

Thank you!

lebill
useravatar
1705 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Vouchers for specific service/product and corresponding amount

big_smile Outstanding!

Thanks very much, time to go and play...

MSP
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: